#1 OFFLINE   jayatletico

Addicted Bisexual

• Full Members 100 plus
  • 167 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • 11 topics
  • Local time: 09:37 PM
  • Joined 19-August 12
  • Interests:I'm a deep thinker, almost too deep. I'm sociable and love playing sports and going to the gym. Also have a keen interest in politics and a huge music fanatic.
  • Star sign:Taurus

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:03 PM

This is something I've wondered about a lot. Simply because every time I go to the gym, I always have weird prolonged eye contact with hot guys and always catch them making glances. But at the same time I know why im doing it, I'm no pervert but I'm definitely bi and like to appreciate hot guys just as much as anyone. But why are they doing it? Could they be bicurious or is it all just in my head?

#2 OFFLINE   jj23__

Curiously Bi

• JNR Member 20-49
  • 48 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • 2 topics
  • Local time: 04:37 PM
  • Joined 30-August 12
  • Interests:Music, Technology, Video Games, Movies, and anything that catches my interest.
  • Star sign:Cancer

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:05 AM

its been a while since ive been in a gym and tbh i need to start going back ASAP lol. but yea i use to do that too but id look away soon as some guys start looking at me back. i always felt like its in my head but who knows man i guess it also is one of those things u do at a gym u check out how much the guy to your left is lifting or u see someone with the ideal body you'd like to have.

#3 OFFLINE   Espresso

Shybiguys Serial Stalker

• Full Members 100 plus
  • 306 posts
  • 6 thanks
  • 9 topics
  • Skin: IP.Board
  • Local time: 10:37 PM
  • Joined 15-November 11
  • Interests:Acting, Directing, Hiking, Camping, Running, Photography, Music, Yoga, Reading, Recycling, Traveling and Enjoying life as much as possible.
  • Star sign:Aquarius

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:17 AM

I've wondered the same thing myself. There was this one guy I kept noticing glancing at me when I was glancing at him. He was really cute. I just figured I was imagining things or something until he started making conversation with me. Unfortunately I had just finished an intense workout and was beat, plus I was running late to get back to work so I pretty much had to run out on the conversation. I figured I'd catch up with him later since I'd seen him in there regularly. Unfortunately I never saw him again.

Others I think are just doing the comparing thing like jj23 said. It's really hard for me to tell. Usually they look away as soon as I look over so I figure there's nothing really to it. Then again, I spent years doing that myself. Now I just kind of linger and if we both hold our eye contact, then I wonder if maybe there's something more going on. Haven't really acted on it because I'm usually in the gym on my lunch break and am focused on my workout and getting cleaned up and back to work.

#4 OFFLINE   Not_Known

Addicted Bisexual

• Full Members 100 plus
  • 144 posts
  • 6 thanks
  • 2 topics
  • Local time: 02:37 PM
  • Joined 10-September 12
  • Interests:Running, tennis, meeting new people, volunteering, painting, music, plants, photography, getting naked :)
  • Star sign:Unknown

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:24 AM

I do the same thing and ask myself the same question... It's tough to tell... Do they stare at you in the shower room as well?

#5 OFFLINE   jayatletico

Addicted Bisexual

• Full Members 100 plus
  • 167 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • 11 topics
  • Joined 19-August 12
  • Interests:I'm a deep thinker, almost too deep. I'm sociable and love playing sports and going to the gym. Also have a keen interest in politics and a huge music fanatic.

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

I don't really use the shower room in the gym really simply because I live round the corner and will just have one at home so I dont have to carry a bag. Some useless info for you.

I know what you mean about the comparing thing, but it's usually guys that don't need to compare. I had one guy yesterday that was literally just watched me and it was kind of putting me off my workout.

#6 OFFLINE   whistle1

Addicted Bisexual

• Full Members 100 plus
  • 238 posts
  • 7 thanks
  • 11 topics
  • Local time: 05:37 PM
  • Joined 12-February 11

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

I don't know if these guys are bi-curious or just curious (as some of the posters have stated). I don't use a gym now, but I do recall some instances back in graduate school. There was an open shower in the dorms (no dividers, just one big room). Guys would take quick peeks at each other, but no lingering glances. Back in those days, you could get your ass kicked if a guy thought you were staring at his junk - maybe it still happens today?

#7 OFFLINE   Not_Known

Addicted Bisexual

• Full Members 100 plus
  • 144 posts
  • 6 thanks
  • 2 topics
  • Local time: 02:37 PM
  • Joined 10-September 12
  • Interests:Running, tennis, meeting new people, volunteering, painting, music, plants, photography, getting naked :)

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:28 AM

View Postjayatletico, on 14 September 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

I don't really use the shower room in the gym really simply because I live round the corner and will just have one at home so I dont have to carry a bag. Some useless info for you.

I know what you mean about the comparing thing, but it's usually guys that don't need to compare. I had one guy yesterday that was literally just watched me and it was kind of putting me off my workout.

Yeah, makes sense... Though if I noticed you in the gym, I think I might have to stare as well... ;)

#8 OFFLINE   BetterOffBi

Addicted Bisexual

• Full Members 100 plus
  • 110 posts
  • 7 thanks
  • 18 topics
  • Joined 31-October 11
  • Interests:I like reading, writing, and learning.....

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:46 PM

Lately, I find myself hoping someone will give me a look at the gym. While I am sort of seeking someone who might want to be a "gym buddy with benefits" I have no way of knowing if a guy is bi or not. And yeah, I still have that fear like whistle1 that I could get a good beating if anyone caught me looking. There are probably more bi or at least bi curious guys at the gym then we realize, but if you are like me, you are too scared to ask.

#9 OFFLINE   Something Else

Shybiguys Serial Stalker

• Full Members 100 plus
  • 269 posts
  • 32 thanks
  • 23 topics
  • Joined 13-July 10
  • Interests:NBA, NFL, Lifting, Writing & other stuff

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:04 AM

Guys that go to the gym appreciate the male physique & form; or there to stay fit. So it's not a surprise if guys in the gym are checking you out or hold a look with you an extra beat or so. You can just nod your head and say what's up and they'll say hi. And next time you guys are there talk about sports or what his routine is like. You know gym/sport related stuff. And if there's something more, then he'll let you know. Most times, guys are in competition mode at the gym. Comparing/contrasting themselves to others.

And then there's some that are bicurious or bi/gay but are keeping a low profile. I would say that a lot of guys check out other guys at the gym. It's one of the rare times where guys can do that without guys getting upset or thinking they're making a pass on them.

#10 OFFLINE   notsostraight67

Bisexual Convert

• Full Members 100 plus
  • 511 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • 27 topics
  • Local time: 03:37 PM
  • Joined 04-April 10
  • Interests:Running, singing, eating out (dives to five-star faves), white wine on the front porch, golf if I'm in the right mood.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

View Postjayatletico, on 13 September 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

Could they be bicurious or is it all just in my head?

No way it's just in your head. They're attracted to men in some shape and form. Let's face it, this has been going on since the beginning of civiliazation. Think Roman baths, Greek orgies, etc. Do you think the guys having group sex were turned on only by the women? Not a chance. Nothing wrong with guys appreciating guys' physiques, or their eyes, or their personalities.

#11 OFFLINE   BiTherapist

Shybiguys Serial Stalker

• Full Members 100 plus
  • 252 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • 3 topics
  • Joined 16-January 08
  • Interests:I am a sex therapist. I like getting to know what makes people tick, and helping those that seek answers. Sex is great, too! LOL

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

You need to develop your "gaydar" (or "bidar" in this case). Guys aren't that hard to figure out. There's no one way that works for all guys, but you add up a guy that looks longer or frequently, holds eye contacts after looking at you and glance back to the goods, is making sure you get a good long look at him.... You'll figure it out. It just takes practice.

#12 OFFLINE   cleftyt

Bi Married Male

• Full Members 100 plus
  • 503 posts
  • 30 thanks
  • 9 topics
  • Joined 20-May 12

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:20 PM

View Postjayatletico, on 14 September 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

Jay, they may be staring at you because you are staring at them! Ha ha! For this particular guy, if you are interested and "available" chat him up and small talk a little. Who knows? And ps...if you like to sneak a peek, maybe you should shower at the gym! Good luck!

#13 OFFLINE   jayatletico

Addicted Bisexual

• Full Members 100 plus
  • 167 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • 11 topics
  • Joined 19-August 12

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

That's the thing, I don't go staring at people. I other sense someone watching me and I look up and catch someone staring or whatever. With respect to that guy watching me, I didn't say it was a good thing it creeped me out! I felt violated haha.

#14 OFFLINE   cleftyt

Bi Married Male

• Full Members 100 plus
  • 503 posts
  • 30 thanks
  • 9 topics
  • Joined 20-May 12

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:58 PM

Not good then! I'm not crazy about some gym people anyway...kinda mean or whatever. Lighten up people! I hope these folks stop bothering you!

#15 OFFLINE   Fabulous*

Shybiguys Serial Stalker

• Full Members 100 plus
  • 364 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • 7 topics
  • Local time: 11:37 PM
  • Joined 31-March 12
  • Interests:Bodybuilding, languages, fishing, sleeping and sex... want to know more, ask!
  • Star sign:Aries

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

Aww get used to it!

I know when people would start looking at me I would be creeped out in a serious way! However, I learned to accept that there are guys who are going to watch either because they want to know what I am doing, what I look like, whatever, and I am going to do the same back. I know for a fact there have been a few gay/bi guys who have definitely been checking me out more than just a quick look and I returned the favour. I just choose not to take any of these things seriously or to another level, because it's the gym and I"m there for one purpose - to gym.

A few of them will even walk by and say hi and I'll say hi back and we move on. It's nothing too hectic, at least not yet hahaha!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users